OnlyNokia5800[dot]blogspot[dot]com will share contents about Nokia 5800Xm.
We include
1. Third parties Applications & Games
2. Themes (a collection of links and websites)
3. Latest information updates from Nokia
5. Sharing between users

Downloading files from this site is at your own risk. But, I will ensure everything is useful to you.
However, they are few applications that are needed to be signed at SymbianSigned, Don't know what is SymbianSigned? Instruction when signing?? HERE
To check firmware version or whether your phone is up to date for your region HERE
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Watch out for the updates for application, games, themes and more... everyday... every week. The site will be Collecting new Free application when it is available ... or... OVI Store for latest application

Bug: No Call Log and Home Screen Shortcuts after firmware upgrade

Posted by Isaac Wong Sunday, August 9, 2009

Recently I upgraded my Nokia 5800 phone to the latest firmware version v30.0.011 via FOTA. As it was promised and witnessed earlier, I expected my device to be much more enhanced in terms and performance and functionality. Well... it did look faster but I had a rather strange problem, I was no longer able to go to the Call Log from the home screen after pressing on the green call button. Another problem that I found scary was the fact that my shortcuts on the home screen were no longer visible.

Nokia 5800 Firmware Update v30.0.011

Nokia 5800 Firmware Update v30.0.011

I was beginning to believe that there was certainly something wrong with my phone's hardware as I used to use my phone to its optimum capacity. I have around 40 applications installed at this time and many of them have settings and data that are way too important for me and I can't lose them.

I then started digging deep in to the internet in search of a solution and more insight on the problem and this is what I experienced and learnt:



Read More »

source:nokia5800.net

0 comments

Post a Comment

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Check for latest updates on News Achieved

5800XM gang